Sunday, December 18, 2011

Final Project - Customized Typography

For my final project I wanted to create a poster of customized typography.

I started with a quotation from George Michael's song "Fast Love" and picked the font Rockwell.


Then I customized it in Illustrator
Next I used this texture as a base for the background in Photoshop. 


I desaturated it and placed it on top of a background color and a color overlay. All set at different blending modes and opacities.



Then I brought in the typography from Illustrator.



I placed this texture into the type and inverted it then cloned it so that I got the abstract texture I was looking for.

From here I added some effects and initial highlights to the type.



Then I placed this texture on top in 3 different blending modes and opacities. 


One version was colored and two were desaturated.



Then I added a border, some more highlights and shadows, a drop shadow to bring it off the background, some subtle effects to bring out the depth and the quote author credit to achieve my final image.



Which all makes it sound much more simple than it actually was. I'm very happy with the outcome.












No comments:

Post a Comment