Friday, September 30, 2011

Designer Statement

I design websites because I have a passion for problem solving and communicating. Each project is a challenge to determine what information needs to be conveyed, the best way to relay it and to how to make it aesthetically appealing without being distracting. I was inspired to get into design because I have always had strong visceral reactions to how information is presented.

I have worked with Photoshop and Illustrator for thirteen years now and I love the versatility and endless possibilities of these tools. There are always multiple ways to achieve my goals with the programs and part of my process is determining what the best means are to realize the ends I want. I consider designing websites to be a healthy balance of logic and art.

I both enjoy and get frustrated by the design process but ultimately I find it to be exhilarating. I have an appetite for the positive reinforcement I receive when people compliment and appreciate the work I do. I have a talent for gathering large amounts of information, gleaning the relevant pieces, fitting them together like a puzzle and then presenting the result as a unified vision.

Cameron Stanford

Brooklyn, NY

September 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment